Instructions: Please read the guidelines listed below and complete the required forms to request field experience in the Coweta County School System.
- All Coweta County Student Placements are requested at the district level and not at the individual school levels.
- Please allow six weeks for your request to be approved and assigned once all paperwork has been received from both parties. The college institute will be contacted by email or phone once the placement has been assigned. The institute will then relay information to student to complete placement.
- Coweta County does not place students over the summer. No request for the current school year will be accepted after March 31st.
- The following documents must be completed and submitted before placement will be considered by the college representative.
|Documents to be submitted by the requesting COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY:
||Documents to be submitted by the College/University STUDENT:
- CCSS placement agreement – Electronic - Signed or already on File - Every 2 years
- Request for Placement - Electronic - for each observation over 40 hours, field experience and / or internship / student teacher placement.
- Health Information Form
- Background Check Form
- The background check needs to be acquired by the student within 30 to 45 days of start date of the placement and can be obtained from their local police/sheriff’s office. Submit original BGC hard copy with hard copy of health form to CCSS Werz Central Office.
- Current CCSS employees will not need to submit a background check; have on file.
Documents that are required but cannot be submitted electronically can be mailed to the Central Office located at:
Coweta County School System
Attn: College Student Placement Division
167 Werz Industrial Drive
Newnan, GA 30263